Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's was a Saturday morning. We reached TMC @ 5.30am. Elson was at the reception getting my registration done. While the nurse showed me the way to change my clothes and get ready for the rest of the thing. Gynae came at 8.00am, asking whether do I want the epidural taken. Without giving me a second to think about it, Elson said "Yes". I had my Epidural taken @ 8.30am. After which they just asked me to lie down and wait for contractions. Not much feeling. Can only look @ the monitor.

Waiting and waiting......

It was at about 1.00pm after Elson grab a tuna sandwich from Delifrance. All these while, he was telling me that he won't be staying by my side till Shannen is out as this is scare the hell out of him and he would be turn off next time. Hahahaha..... He was surprised by the midwife who pushed in the equipments while he got stuck at the corner with his tuna sandwich. The midwife asked him to push and support my back while I get ready to give some big pushes. I didn't know how to do it cos' the Epidural was way too good to numb all the pains which I supposed to have. I only know how to push on my face. Then Elson followed what the midwife said "push at the bottom not on your face" I gave him the killer look this time and told him "I dun wanna give birth liao, stop everything immediately" LMAO......

There's nothing much we could do but trying and kept trying until 2.10pm when my gynae came to the rescue. This time, Elson sneaked his way out. Without asking whether I wanna try pushing for more, she straight away gave me a vacuum to get Shannen out. She gave me a longer cut and got ready for everything, and Shannen arrived at 2.35pm. Lying on my tummy, looking small with her big eyes opened and smiled. After they cleaned her, she was screaming loudly. Gynae was telling Shannen, "you only came out for a few minutes and wanted to compete with me who has been in this line for over 30 years?" After which Shannen stopped her scream. While getting my stitches done, I was looking at her. So sweet, she smiled with her dimples and looks like Elson. So much alike...... I was tearing...

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!