Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2009

29 Months Milestones

Yes, it's today. Shannen is finally 29 months now. We brought her to the clinic for reviews and we managed to get the letter from Dr Tan stating the Shannen is clear from the ulcer and is able to go back to school now. We called for a cab to send us to Bishan Junction 8 for lunch plus also celebration for Shannen's recovery and her 29 months big day.
Had out lunch @ The Manhattan Fish. Was surprised that Shannen was able to finish the kid set meal (Fish 'N' Chips) all by herself plus drinking some of my sweet potato soup. I ordered a Aglio Olio set meal while Huiting had her favourite Pouched Cherry Red Snapper with Chips. With the voucher I had, I only paid for $31++ for our lunch. It's definitely worth it and the foods were so good.

After that, we proceed to Haagen Dazs for some ice-cream (as promised by me earlier). Ordered a Flower Blossom with 6 scoops of mini ice-cream for flavours of our choice. Since the bill was more than $20, we are also entitled to purchase a tub of ice-cream back home @ $10.90++. Well, I bought a Tiramisu for Huiting to bring back. Cos has been very helpful every time I ask her for help. Just like today, she took off to company us out. She surely deserve the tub of Haagen Dazs ice-cream!

@ The Manhattan Fish


This was the expression when she saw the handsome waiter walking towards me with the bill

@ Haagen Dazs, watching people passing by


The 3 of us

Shannen surely don't look like a sick child



'Mummy, are you done yet??'

Attacked!



Back to Shannen's updates. She is able to speak short sentences now. Like......

1) I was watching tv program @ mummy's place 1 day when she woke up asking me to carry her. I told her

Me : Come out yourself. Mummy watching Aunty cooking
(Shannen came out from the room and lie down next to me.)
Shannen : No.... it's uncle cooking, not aunty cooking.
(indeed the chief change to male after Shannen came out from the room)

2) My dad was having dinner with Shannen

Dad : The fish is hot, you cannot eat
Shannen : Ah gong. No... it's spicy, not hot.
(my dad was busting out loud after being correct by his grandchild)


3) It happened in school that Teacher Ida told me about it. She was showing all the kids(born in 2006) a switched off TV and asking them to imagine what would come out from the television.

Shannen's reply : No remote control, tv cannot on.
Teacher Ida stood there for a few seconds. Caused by surprised answer from Shannen. Lolz...

This is the kinda improvement Shannen has now. We look forward for her growing up everyday.

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!