Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

外婆

The last time I saw her was last year Chinese New Year @ mummy's place. Usually on the 1st day of Chinese New Year, most of the uncles, aunties and cousins will gather at 3rd Uncle's house(where grandma is staying with), eating, chatting and playing with cards. Then on the 2nd or 3rd they will go over to mummy's place. This year, I didn't attend any of the house visiting as Sarah is too small at that time and she is a super grouchy baby(still is the same now). Which means I didn't see grandma for more than a year.

Went to Sun Plaza in the early evening to grab some pears so that I can make some puree for Sarah. While we were on our way to McDonald to get dinner, saw this old lady standing at the door, smiling at Sarah. When I take a closer look..... she is grandma! I called out for her, but she didn't recognize me at first. When I told her who I was, she then know it. I asked her why was she staring at Sarah, she told me she saw this cute little one who looks very interesting. That's why she was smiling at her. "She is your great-grandchild"I said...... She was very happy to see us. We offered her a ride home, but she kept rejecting. In the end, just gonna give in to her. Can see that she is much older than the last time I saw her and has bad hearing problem too...

Think I didn't love her enough. Got to visit her more often when I can make time for her. Treasure our love ones when they are still around. I love U, 外婆!

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!