Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

1st Booster & Chickenpox Jabs

Took Shannen to SBCC for her 1st Booster DPT/DT & Chickenpox vaccines in the morning. My appointment was made for 9.30am and it took more than an hour before Shannen's turn. I was kinda curious when I saw a few mothers who came in and register later than me, but their Q no. is far ahead of ours. I walked up to the counter and asked the nurse, she told me is because those mothers had an appointment at 9.00am, though they are later than me, they will still get an ahead Q no. than me. Which means, next time I gonna arrange the earliest appointment available.

Back to Shannen. She was hanging onto me so tight that I look like a tree with a koala bear. Only till mummy arrived, then I can let go and let her carry Shannen for a while. Saw this little boy who run around the whole place and then he stopped and looked at Shannen. Shannen walked up and "sayang" him. When I took out Shannen's biscuits, the little boy walked up to me and automatically took a biscuits from me. Daring hor. He quickly put the whole biscuit into his mouth and finished up with a few chew before he swallow it. That's was way too fast. Shannen still have her half eaten biscuit in her hand. Then, the little boy walked to me again and I gave him another biscuit. This time, he fed Shannen with the biscuit. That was so sweet of him and Shannen threw him a flying kiss. Lolz....

When it's our turn to see Dr. Koh, Shannen was staring hard at him(Dr. Koh). He checked everything and was ok. Though she is a little undersized, but Dr. Koh had confirmed that it's alright onez. He said that it will be a little undersized for those breastfeed babies. After that Dr. Koh asked me to make Shannen lie flat on her tummy to get ready for the jabs. She kept staring at me this time. Wondering what's next. Just when Dr. Koh punched in the 1st booster, Shannen frowned then cried. We coaxed her by giving her a sweet. She stopped crying and happily looking at the sweet. Just then, Dr. Koh punched in the Chickenpox jab this time. Oops..... Shannen cried even louder this time. She didn't wait for the nurse to wear her pant for her. Just got up, kept crying and calling for mummy. Well... it only takes a few seconds for Shannen to stop crying. Just as we walked out from the room, I could see many parents looking at Shannen and smiling/ some, laughing away. She must be super loud this time. Lolz....

Overall performance - not bad, weight - 9.6kg, height - 78cm

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!