Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Poor Birdie

We wanna have a steamboat dinner since it's been raining lately. It will be so great to eat something hot on a cold day. While I was preparing the food, Elson screamed and asked me for a towel. He told me that a baby bird fell from our mango tree and was shivering. Poor bird.......

Elson said he will put the bird back to the nest once the rain stopped. Just as he climbed up to the top, he saw a bird sitting there, not moving. He told me it's the dead mother. Poor baby bird. It's alone, no food, no mother, lonely.... We decided to keep it for a night. I gave the bird a very small amount of Friso cereal (very dilute) and it was eating happily. Hopefully I didn't kill it by giving some cereal to the bird.

I wake up early this morning to take a look at the bird. It's still alive. Phew. Elson told me that he saw the mother bird again and this time, it's alive. He took the stair up halfway and used a bamboo to chase away the bird. Cos I think he was afraid that the mother bird will bite him. Just then another baby bird flew down slowly dropped at my neighbour's door while the mother bird flew away. Elson went to my neighbour house and catch the bird back. He climbed up, make sure that both baby bird are alright and left for work for the day. What a good deed he had done today. Love U

So cold

Huiting so excited to take pic with the bird

Dun bite me I know you are hungry

Feeding on cereal

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!