Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Huiting's Birthday

Every year around this time, I will be very angry and frustrated. I wonder how can any parent just forget about their own flesh blood when he or she is still alive. Huiting is a living example. Her parents had divorced and both of them already had their own family with kids. Which means, they had forgotten about this poor girl who is staying with my parents for years. Worse, my aunt (Huitin's mother) still have to cheek to tell my parents that it's Huiting's birthday tomorrow and she didn't even give her a call to wish her own daughter. Last year was worse. We were at the airport (with Huiting of course), preparing to leave for our Penang trip, she (my aunt) called and told my dad to make "mee sua" for Huiting for her birthday. My dad told her we were at the airport, bringing Huiting for a Penang trip and put down the phone. Can't believe that she treat my parents like her maid!

The last we saw her (my aunt) was sometime in April when we needed her to renew Huiting's Singtel contract. Well, I gave her an abalone porridge treat in return. When mentioned that Huiting is going to study a nursing course, not only she didn't give her any encouragement, but she end up saying things like Huiting won't be able to go far from that course. C'mon, am not asking you to pay a single cent for her school fee and for all these years, you didn't even fulfill your duty as a mother, ok! After hearing those words from her, my mom told her that Elson will be paying for her school fee until she finish the course and if she can advance to Polytechnic, we will support her too. We are also giving her a monthly allowance so that she don't have to work as a part-time to earning some pocket money for herself.

Really felt so ashamed for having such aunt! On the other hand, I have to thank her(my aunt) for throwing Huiting out in the middle of the night and leave her with no choice but to end up calling us for help. Can you imagine that a poor girl at the age of 14 or 15, being thrown out by her own mother??? Worse still, she made a police report later, saying that Huiting had gone missing. She knew that Huiting was at our place all the while and she was just trying to make things difficult. Huiting had to go back with her again and also to the police station to cancel the missing report. My dad also have to talk to her nicely, asking her to let Huiting stay at my parents' place since she had no time for her.

Anyway, it's Huiting's birthday tomorrow and since she will be on duty(in SGH) and my parents will be away for Hatyai too, we had decided to celebrate her birthday in advance. I told myself, be it rain or shine I need to get her a birthday cake as a surprised. Fetched Shannen from school earlier (it was pouring heavily) and picked mummy up from her place and we headed off to Compass Point for lunch 1st. We bought a small cake from Bread Talk which was chosen by Shannen ( at 1st she wanted a cheesecake, then told her cannot, then she wanted a Tiramisu, told her cannot also, then downsize her choice to either the "White" Strawberry, which is Chantilly or "Black" Strawberry which is Black Forest). She end up choosing the Chantilly for Huiting.

When Huiting got home, we just pretend nothing happen. When she saw the cake in the fridge, I lie to her that's something my MIL wanted me to get for her. Soon after we finished dinner, we took out the cake, gave her the "hongbaos" and she was happily laughing away. The pictures showed.....



You are not the star today, can move or not....

This is better





Lolz...


Birthday kiss & let's wish.... (world peace, etc)

Fire!!!

Finally can eat the cake now



P.S. Huiting, don't feel sad when you read my above post. You know we love you the most and treat you like our own family.

加油

in your study and look forward for a bright future

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!