Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Penang Trip Day 2

We got up quite early and we were given a sumptuous diamsum treat by 姑姑. I had been to the restaurant 13 years back and it hasn't changed much. Then only thing is more buildings which used to be a open space carpark. We ordered so much that all our tummy are so satisfied.

After breakfast, we headed off to the Kek Lok Si Penang & Snake Temple. 姑姑 had something to attend to so Elson will be driving her mini Kenari (a very small but comfy car) while following behind 老姨's car. We conclude it as a thrilling ride as people who drive in Penang must be very daring. Lolz.... After the visits, 老姨 brought us to a temple which I can pay my respect to the eldest 姑姑. I was standing there, looking at the pic, feeling sad.. I told the eldest 姑姑 in my heart.... "Am here. Sorry that I came too late. Too late to at least be able to hear your voice and give you a big teddy bear hug, too late to hold your hands and tell you I miss you. Too late for everything, but at least am here today with a different status(married), with my daughter & a very happy family, wishing you can see us far away from heaven" I had to make sure I do not cry while talking to 姑姑 in my heart. If I do so, my dad, grandpa & 老姨 will cry too. I held back my tears. Make sure that am ok, and went to look for them.

Had already told 老姨 way before we arrived that we want to have some good, bitter durians. We went to 3rd Uncle house for the durians feast and it's the 2nd Uncle who bought the durians for us. Nothing much to say.... Simply Irresistible! After so much of durians, it's time to shower for Shannen to put her on bed. She too a long nap(for about 3 hours) on 老姨's bed while me, Elson, daddy & grandpa has nothing much to do but sit and wait for our sleeping beauty. Mummy & Huiting too the opportunity to take a nap too.1 more thing... we all took shower at 3rd Uncle's place, except for my dirty husband. Lolz.....

We left for dinner at around 6.30pm. Can't imagine that we had sat at their place for a solid 4 hours. Hahahaha...... 姑姑 brought us to dine in at a restaurant by the beach. So nice and breezy. She also bought some local satay for us after hearing that Elson wanted to have some but can't get them yesterday. The meal cost us RM$450. Consider cheap after the currency conversion. I will recommend any of my friends or those who pop by this blog to give it a try if you are going to Penang. I forgot we ordered how many dishes. A rough count about 15 dishes for 14 of us. So worth it! Here's the address :-

Hai Boey Seafood
29, Mk-9, Pasir Belanda, Teluk Kumbar, 11920 Pulau Pinang.
H/P : 013-488 1114, 019-479 1114
Open daily from 5.30pm to 11.00pm

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!