Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2 Things That Happened In School Today

Incident 1

I saw this little girl (usually very cheerful and will say "hello" to me) cying outside the door when I bring Shannen to school this morning. I asked her why but she kept crying and was trying to catch her breath at the same time. Could see that she had been crying for a while. I held her hand (together with Shannen) and bring her to the teacher. Teacher Susie said something to that little girl (let's call her TS-something to do with her name) "TS, you must be naughty right? That's why mummy leave you at the gate and left" At that point of time I was thinking it's just a normal case of children being naughty in the early morning while parents need to rush for work.

When I brought Shannen to for her breakfast, I saw TS again. Sitting alone and crying again. We went forward and stood with her. I tried to calm her down and Shannen was also there to "sayang" TS. After a short while, TS said " Mummy trying to kill herself and I was there with her. Daddy got angry and beat/scold me." after which she was crying again. Now then I know the reason why her mother had left her at the gate and went off. I tried to divert her attention by asking her whether is the breakfast nice, etc.... When another teacher saw TS' swollen eyes, she asked what happened. Then again, TS was crying......

I went back to the school to fetch Shannen in the afternoon. Saw TS dancing (think they are preparing for the CYN performance) but not as cheerful as before. Poor girl. Hopefully her parents had sorted things out well and TS is back to her usual self tomorrow.

Incident 2

I asked Teacher Susie whether is Shannen getting alone with her classmates. Cos she had nightmares yesterday. Telling me that TR (her classmate of her age) pushed and beat her. Teacher Susie confirmed that Shannen and TR are not in the same class cos Shannen is under the care of Teacher Saria while Teacher Susie take care of TR and the newer kids who will still cry when their parents left them in school. Anyway, she told me she will keep any eye on TR cos she used to push Shannen on the floor twice when TR was 1st day in school. I saw it with my own eyes with another mummy.

Then again, Teacher Susie told me Ann Marie was the victim instead yesterday. She had 3 teeth marks on her arms which was masterpiece by TR(both Ann Maria & TR are in the same class). Poor Ann Marie. Shannen had pushed her once (about 2 months back) when she tried to hug and touch Shannen. Shannen had warned and told her "no" loudly, but Ann Marie was too young to understand. So Shannen pushed Ann Marie away. Had told Shannen not to do that again and she stop. So far so good.

Before we moved to the table to join TS (the poor girl in incident 1) for breakfast, saw Ann Marie & her grandma. I asked the aunty to show me the teeth marks. It's still very obvious though they were from yesterday. She told me they were swollen yesterday and had gotten better now. Ann Marie's grandma also told me since she and TR's grandma are neighbours,
she called her yesterday to tell her that TR had bitten Ann Marie. Guess what..... When TR's grandma saw Ann Marie's grandma this morning, she couldn't be bother to look @ her and didn't even feel a sense of guilty. Can see that TR is so much alike her grandma.

Anyway, had told Shannen to keep a distance away from TR for the time being. In case TR push and beat Shannen, just tell teacher will do.

1 comment:

Jansey said...

so how is little TS?

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!