Search This Blog

Friday, May 9, 2008

Penang

DH had decided to bring our whole family to Penang this coming July. It's because my Grandpa is old and we know that he has been looking forward to visit her sister(my Grand-Aunty) in Penang. Ok, a little intro here. My dad was born in Malaysia and he always joked about him swimming to Singapore and did his National Service here. That makes him a Singaporean. Actually, way before that , he was already a Singaporean. He studied here and met my mum here. Of course he does have some relatives in Malaysia, States & UK. So this time, we are going to Penang to visit my Grand-Aunty, Aunty, Uncles, cousins, etc.... Also the main purpose is to pray my respect to my Aunty Huiling who passed away when I was pregnant.

Aunty Huiling was a teacher in Penang and she die from an accident in China when the tour bus fell from the hill. Another 2 of her colleagues also die on the spot. We were so shock when we received the news. Before Aunty Huiling go to China, Grand-Aunty was with us in Singapore. She passed me a gold bracelet which Aunty Huiling & Aunty Huiping bought for me as my wedding present though we did not have any wedding banquet. Grand-Aunty still told me that she need to rush back to Penang to help Aunty Huiling pack her stuffs. I have been wanting to visit them in Penang, but due to many many reasons, I failed to do so. So this time, no matter what happens, also must pray my respect to Aunty Huiling. Of course Shannen will come along with us.

Managed to book the air tickets from Singapore Airlines at a promotional rates of S$321 per adult including taxes. I think I got a good deal for it. DH, me, Grandpa, daddy, mummy, Huiting & Shannen will going to Penang together, but daddy, mummy & grandpa will stay there for a while longer while the rest of us will have to come back on Sunday. But I still think that we will enjoy this trip. Now still waiting for Aunty Huiping to revert back the hotel rates and we can finalise our trip liao. Yahoo!!!!

**Latest updates, Aunty Huiping is trying to use her points to book free hotel for us. Hooray. No need to pay extra again, but gonna give her kids a big hongbaos then(DH said it)

No comments:

Shannen Draws Me

Shannen took about 3 minutes to draw this picture and I love it!